Introduction To Cheesemaking$0
About this course
Duration: 6 hours
This course provides guidelines for the various categories of cheese making methods and what each step is for. The role of the enzymes and knowledge and vocabulary for milk components. The function of the components: calcium, proteins, (fat, carbohydrates, water and cheese aging including principles, functions and rules.
- Basic knowledge and vocabulary for the milk components.
- What they are.
- Reactions under different circumstances and processes.
- Comparison of the different type of milk over time, breeds of animals, feeding methods.
- Good cheese manufacturing practices and major rules.
- Traceability and records.
- Hygiene: the risky timings.
- Control basis with the records and cheese technology adjustments in the production.
- Basic notions of cheese leaven and the role of the enzymes.
- Microbiology vocabulary.
- Enzyme activities with impacts onto flavors, textures, colors etc…
- Synergy in between ferments.
- Cheese making.
- Main categories of cheese making methods (lactic curd vs rennet style).
- Main cheese making process and methods; what each step is for?
- The function of the components: calcium, proteins (different types), fat, carbohydrates, water.
- Cheese aging: principles, functions and rules.
Who can apply for this program?
Anyone that is legally entitled to work in Canada can apply.
I am on social assistance, can I still take the program?
YES! Being on social benefits of any kind does not restrict your access to the program or disqualify you from receiving assistance. However, Succeeding at Work is not to be used as a reason to extend your benefits.
How do I apply?
You may apply through this website in TONS of places or use the APPLY button right at the top of the website. We will contact you right away. Even if it is to just ask a question.
I do not receive Social Assistance benefits. Is there any assistance offered through this program?
Each location has it’s own additional supports that we offer. Transportation or lunch may be offered depending on need.
How long is the program and what can I expect in participating?
The program runs for 7 weeks, Monday to Friday full days. You day may start at 9 or 9:30 depending on your province. We expect everyone to come neatly dressed and ready to learn.
Is child care provided?
At this time, no it is not.
What are the previous education and job history requirements?
There are NONE! We welcome participants of all age levels and your previous job history is just that, history!