Fundamentals Of Quality Assurance$0
About this course
Duration: 2 days
This course is designed to inform and guide food Quality Assurance Technicians and other employees in the food processing industry with general knowledge of quality assurance, food safety and tools used in the position.
This course provides Quality Assurance Technicians and anyone interested in Quality Assurance in the food processing industry with: general knowledge and standard occupational skills necessary to successfully perform in this occupation. Quality Assurance is a critical function in the food processing industry, and this course provides food workers, at the Quality Technician level, with: general food safety and food quality assurance knowledge, strategies, practices, and tools.
At the end of the course students will be able to:
- Identify the elements of a QA system and how they support safe food processing.
- Understand the function of food safety and quality practices and strategies.
- Identify major food safety regulations and how they impact food processing.
- Review the elements of a HACCP system and its seven principles.
- Identify the standard technical and analytical occupational skills of QA Technicians such as; process monitoring, product inspection and evaluation, sampling plans, sensory evaluation, and training of employees among others.
- Understand food safety issue troubleshooting strategies and corrective actions.
- The functions of a Quality Assurance system, the major components, and implementation.
Who can apply for this program?
Anyone that is legally entitled to work in Canada can apply.
I am on social assistance, can I still take the program?
YES! Being on social benefits of any kind does not restrict your access to the program or disqualify you from receiving assistance. However, Succeeding at Work is not to be used as a reason to extend your benefits.
How do I apply?
You may apply through this website in TONS of places or use the APPLY button right at the top of the website. We will contact you right away. Even if it is to just ask a question.
I do not receive Social Assistance benefits. Is there any assistance offered through this program?
Each location has it’s own additional supports that we offer. Transportation or lunch may be offered depending on need.
How long is the program and what can I expect in participating?
The program runs for 7 weeks, Monday to Friday full days. You day may start at 9 or 9:30 depending on your province. We expect everyone to come neatly dressed and ready to learn.
Is child care provided?
At this time, no it is not.
What are the previous education and job history requirements?
There are NONE! We welcome participants of all age levels and your previous job history is just that, history!