Food Safety And Meat Processing 101$0
About this course
Duration: 6 hours
Food Safety & Meat Processing 101 is an interactive, online course that focuses on Industry Legislation & Regulation, Workplace Policies & Procedures, Food Processing Equipment, Workplace Health & Safety, Meat Types and Cuts 101, Knife Sharpening, Food Safety, Cleaning and sanitation including waste, Product Quality, Food Traceability and Communication & Leadership Skills.
The Food Safety Fundamentals for Industrial Meat Cutters “Food Safety & Meat Processing 101” is an interactive, online course for Small, Medium and Large meat processing companies, currently employed industrial meat cutters, entry-level hires and temporary foreign workers in meat processing plants, unemployed or underemployed youth and adults, adults interested in careers in food processing, high schools’ recent graduates in municipalities where meat processing plants are located, post-Secondary meat programs.
Completion of the Food Safety and Meat Processing 101 course, participants will gain and develop the following knowledge, and skills:
- Organizational policies and procedures including Good Manufacturing Practices.The importance of proper handling, maintenance and control of equipment associated with Industrial Meat Cutters.
- The need for monitoring of produce conditions and how this is done through lot numbers and expiry dates, foreign material detection and visual observation.
- The importance of cleaning and sanitation of food processing equipment and tools as it relates to meat processing.
- Different Food Safety Management systems, how they are built and their role in delivering a safe and quality product.
- The importance of traceability systems in a meat processing plant and an Industrial Meat cutters potential role in traceability.
- The importance of the Occupational Health and Safety Program and the basic information for all respective processors/manufacturers.
- The importance of complying with Legislative and Regulatory Requirements.
- Effective communication skills, including listening, speaking and hand signals.
- The characteristics of professionalism in the workplace.
Who can apply for this program?
Anyone that is legally entitled to work in Canada can apply.
I am on social assistance, can I still take the program?
YES! Being on social benefits of any kind does not restrict your access to the program or disqualify you from receiving assistance. However, Succeeding at Work is not to be used as a reason to extend your benefits.
How do I apply?
You may apply through this website in TONS of places or use the APPLY button right at the top of the website. We will contact you right away. Even if it is to just ask a question.
I do not receive Social Assistance benefits. Is there any assistance offered through this program?
Each location has it’s own additional supports that we offer. Transportation or lunch may be offered depending on need.
How long is the program and what can I expect in participating?
The program runs for 7 weeks, Monday to Friday full days. You day may start at 9 or 9:30 depending on your province. We expect everyone to come neatly dressed and ready to learn.
Is child care provided?
At this time, no it is not.
What are the previous education and job history requirements?
There are NONE! We welcome participants of all age levels and your previous job history is just that, history!